What gift could be better than welcoming a new life into the world? Not much, but winning $10,000 might come in a close second.
At heybaby, we are all about helping people build happy, healthy families. Which is why we’re giving the first new heybaby family a helpful chunk of change (kids ain’t cheap as you probably know).
It works like this:
- Couple has to meet on heybaby
- Baby must be conceived in 2024 or later
- First heybaby member to prove #1 and #2 wins prize
To note, we are not suggesting anyone “rush out and make babies.” Please be responsible and let nature take its course.
To enter, please read the rules and legal stuff below and then submit mandatory items to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Items Needed to Enter
- Screenshot of heybaby profile or info needed for heybaby to authenticate past membership of both parents (names, dates of birth, zip codes, and approximate time entrants joined heybaby app)
- Proof of newborn child to parents listed in #1, such as an official birth certificate
First heybaby Baby Contest
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
The First heybaby Baby Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by HeyBaby, Inc., a Delaware corporation (the “Company”). These Official Contest Rules (the “Rules”) set forth the legally binding terms of the Contest. By participating in the Contest, you are accepting and agreeing to the Rules, and you represent and warrant that you have the right, authority, and capacity to agree to the Rules. If you do not agree to any part of the Rules, you may not enter or participate in the Contest.
The Contest starts at 12:00 AM U.S. Central Time (CT) on January 17, 2024 and ends at the earlier of (a) 11:59PM CT on December 31, 2025 or (b) the time at which the Company identifies a winner of the Contest (the “Contest Entry Period”).
No purchase necessary to enter or win. THIS CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY AND METHOD OF ENTRY.
The Contest is open only to natural persons who:
- are at least the age of 18 at the time of entry,
- are residents of the United States,
- during the Contest Entry Period, have or had an account in good standing on the heybaby dating app created and maintained by the Company (the "heybaby App"),
- during the Contest Entry Period, have a human baby that is born and of which they are a parent, and
- met the other parent of the foregoing baby on the heybaby App
Employees, subcontractors, directors, or owners of the Company and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
To enter the Contest, during the Contest Entry Period, go to www.heybaby.com/post/win-10-000-for-first-heybaby-baby, follow instructions as posted, and submit an entry together with all information and documentation required. Required information and documentation includes, without limitation, evidence that both parents of the baby have or had profiles on the heybaby App during the Contest Entry Period (for example, screenshots of their profiles or copies of emails they received from the Company after registering on the heybaby App), evidence that the parents met on the heybaby App (for example, screenshots reflecting their connection on the heybaby App), and evidence that the baby is the child of those parents and was born during the Contest Entry Period (for example, an official birth certificate).
The decisions of the Company will be final and binding in all matters related to the Contest, including with respect to the eligibility of any entrant or entry.
You may enter the Contest only one time. Any of the following will void your entry into the Contest and/or will result in the suspension or termination of your heybaby account:
- Entering the Contest more than once, including without limitation by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the Rules;
- An inaccurate, incomplete, or untimely entry, or an entry that does not comply with the Rules;
- Any entry containing responses procured through cheating, fraud, deception, or unfair practices, each as determined by the Company in its sole discretion;
2. PRIZE. The Contest prize is ten thousand U.S. dollars ($10,000), to be awarded to the person who submitted the first entry that the Company confirms conforms to these Rules, including all eligibility criteria. Only one prize is available. In the event the winning entry is submitted on behalf of both parents of a baby, or that both parents of that baby submit entries, the Company may, at its sole discretion, divide the prize evenly between those two parents.
3. AWARD OF PRIZE.
- The potential winner will be notified via telephone and/or e-mail within twenty (20) business days of the close of the Contest Entry Period ("Prize Notification"). To claim a prize, a potential winner must reply to the Company within the time indicated in the Prize Notification, or the Company may award the prize to the "Runner-Up", i.e. the entrant that next satisfies all of the Contest conditions. For the avoidance of doubt, there may be successive Runners-Up, e.g. if the initial potential winner is ineligible, and then the first Runner-Up is ineligible, the next Runner-Up who is eligible would be awarded the prize.
- Before awarding a prize, the Company may require a potential winner to furnish proof of identification and other proof of eligibility under the Rules. A potential winner will also be required to execute and deliver a tax acknowledgement form and an Affidavit of Eligibility and Publicity Release, pursuant to which a potential winner will grant the Company certain rights to use her or his name, likeness, photographs, biographical information, and other publicity rights as specified therein, as well as that of their baby to the extent permitted by applicable law. A potential winner must execute and return all documents within ten (10) business days from the date they are sent (the "Verification Period"), or the prize may be forfeited. If an applicable jurisdiction prohibits the conditioning of participation in a Contest on consent and release regarding publicity, such potential winner must object to the Company in writing during the Verification Period. Proof of identification may include satisfactory proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the heybaby account associated with the winning submission. If multiple persons claim to be a potential winner, and a single authorized account holder is unable to be timely verified, the prize will be forfeited.
- If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with the Rules, declines to accept the prize, is unable to be reached by the Company or does not timely respond to the Company, or in the event that a prize or Prize Notification is returned undeliverable, the potential winner will forfeit the prize, and the Company may, in its sole discretion, award the prize to the next Runner-Up.
- Allow at least twelve weeks for delivery of the prize, which will be mailed to the address provided by the potential winner after Prize Notification.
- The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable. No prize substitution or exchange will be allowed, except by the Company, which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in its sole discretion.
- Federal, state and local taxes, if any, are the prize winner’s sole responsibility. The winner(s) will be issued an IRS Form 1099.
4. PRIVACY AND DATA COLLECTION.
5. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
When you submit any photo, image, answer, document, or any other materials to us in connection with the Contest (collectively, "Materials"), you are granting the Company and the other Released Parties (defined below) a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to copy, use, distribute, and otherwise exploit in any manner such Materials, in whole or in part, in any manner in any media now known or hereafter discovered. The Company shall have no obligation to use any Materials in any manner.
6. WAIVER, LIMITATION OF LIABILITY, AND INDEMNITY
By entering the Contest, you waive all right to, and hold the Released Parties harmless from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys' fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in the Contest or the award, acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. Neither the Company nor any of its owners, affiliates, directors, employees, investors, or any other persons or organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, or advertising the Contest or any prize (collectively, the "Released Parties"), shall be responsible for, and hereby disclaim any and all liability for: illegible, lost, late, incomplete, misdirected, or undeliverable entries; any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability; garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions; service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion; any technical, typographical, or other error; unauthorized human intervention; the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration or entry information; the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information; use of any Materials; or any physical injury or death related to participation in the Contest.
By entering the Contest, you agree:
- to be bound by the Rules and by all applicable laws and by all decisions of the Company regarding the Contest, which shall be binding and final;
- to waive any rights to claim ambiguity with respect to the Rules;
- to waive all of your rights to bring any claim, action, or proceeding against any of the Released Parties in connection with the Contest, including with respect to (1) any circumstance described in the preceding paragraph, (2) typographical or printing errors in the Rules or any other Contest materials, (3) any interruptions in or postponement, cancellation, or modification of the Contest, (4) human error, (5) incorrect or inaccurate transcription, receipt or transmission of any entry, (6) any technical malfunctions or unavailability of any telephone network, computer system, computer online system, computer timing and/or dating mechanism, computer equipment, software, or Internet service provider, or mail service utilized by any of the Released Parties or by you, (7) interruption or inability to access any online service via the Internet due to hardware or software compatibility problems, (8) any lost/delayed data transmissions, omissions, interruptions, defects, and/or any other errors or malfunctions, (9) any late, lost, stolen, mutilated, misdirected, illegible, delayed, garbled, corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, undeliverable or damaged entries, (10) any wrongful, negligent, or unauthorized act or omission on the part of any of the Released Parties, or (11) lost, late, stolen, misdirected, damaged or destroyed prizes (or any element thereof);
- to forever and irrevocably agree to release, defend, indemnify, and hold harmless each of the Released Parties from any and all claims, lawsuits, judgments, causes of action, proceedings, demands, fines, penalties, liability costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable outside attorneys' fees) that may arise in connection with: (1) your participation in the Contest, (2) negligence or willful misconduct by you, or (3) any claim asserted by the other parent of the baby that is the subject of your Contest entry.
If, for technical reasons or due to any other fact or circumstance beyond the Company's reasonable control, the Contest is not capable of running as planned by the Company, or if the Company ceases to operate in the ordinary course of business or is acquired by another entity or individual, the Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest without any liability.
10. DISPUTE RESOLUTION.
YOU AGREE THAT: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS, AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE RULES, ANY CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZES AWARDED OR NOT AWARDED (COLLECTIVELY, "DISPUTES"), SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS, WITHOUT RESORTING TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION, PURSUANT TO BINDING CONFIDENTIAL ARBITRATION ADMINISTERED BY THE AMERICAN ARBITRATION ASSOCIATION PURSUANT TO ITS RULES THEN IN EFFECT, TO TAKE PLACE IN AUSTIN, TEXAS BEFORE A SINGLE NEUTRAL ARBITRATOR APPOINTED BY THE ADMINISTRATOR; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS SHALL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED, INCLUDING COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH ENTERING THE CONTEST, BUT IN NO EVENT ATTORNEYS' FEES; AND (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL YOU BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED. THE PARTIES AND THE ARBITRATOR SHALL MAINTAIN THE CONFIDENTIAL NATURE OF THE ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS AND RESOLUTION THEREOF, EXCEPT AS MAY BE NECESSARY TO PREPARE FOR OR CONDUCT THE ARBITRATION PROCEEDINGS, AND EXCEPT IN CONNECTION WITH A COURT APPLICATION FOR A PRELIMINARY REMEDY, A JUDICIAL CHALLENGE TO AN ARBITRATION AWARD OR ITS ENFORCEMENT, OR UNLESS OTHERWISE REQUIRED BY LAW OR JUDICIAL DECISION. ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THE RULES, OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ANY OF THE PARTIES IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, SHALL BE GOVERNED BY, AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CHOICE OF LAW OR CONFLICT OF LAW, RULES OR PROVISIONS. IF ARBITRATION IS UNAVAILABLE OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, EACH OF THE PARTIES HEREBY IRREVOCABLY AND UNCONDITIONALLY SUBMITS TO THE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL COURTS LOCATED IN AUSTIN, TEXAS, AS WELL AS TO THE JURISDICTION OF ALL COURTS FROM WHICH AN APPEAL MAY BE TAKEN THEREFROM, FOR ALL DISPUTES. ANY AND ALL OBJECTIONS THAT ANY PARTY MAY HAVE REGARDING VENUE IN ANY SUCH COURT IS HEREBY WAIVED.
12. WINNERS' LISTS.
For a list of prize winner(s) for the Contest, write your name and address on a 3"x 5" card and mail it in an envelope to: heybaby, 1401 Lavaca Street #95, Austin, Texas 78701. Please specify the name of the Contest. Requests for a copy of the winners' list will only be accepted after the end of the Contest Entry Period, and requests must be received no later than thirty days after such date. The Company shall respond to complete and timely requests for winners' lists as soon as reasonably practicable following finalization of the winner of the Contest.